[Discuss] Questions concerning replacing the CMOS battery on my motherboard

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri Feb 6 23:52:56 PST 2015

On 2015-02-06 22:20-0800 Murray Strome wrote:

> I have purchased those batteries at lots of places.  I think the last one was
> at All_Batteries at the Westshore Mall because I only wanted 1 and some
> places only sell them in packages of two.  I am sure that they have them at
> WalMart.  You could check on-line for the prices at various places.
>
> I have quite a few things that use them. They may even have them at the
> Dollar stores. Too bad XSCargo is gone. Maybe they would be on clearance at
> Target!

Hi Murray:

Thanks for those ideas.  I will probably just use a local source that
is convenient rather than being too concerned about price.

Can you describe how difficult it is to remove the old battery from a
motherboard and replace it with a new one?  I assume it should be easy
(i.e. require only modest finger strength and no special tools or
techniques), but I would like confirmation of that.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin