[Discuss] Questions concerning replacing the CMOS battery on my motherboard

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Sat Feb 7 00:21:57 PST 2015

On 2015-02-06 23:52-0800 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> Can you describe how difficult it is to remove the old battery from a
> motherboard and replace it with a new one?  I assume it should be easy
> (i.e. require only modest finger strength and no special tools or
> techniques), but I would like confirmation of that.

Just found a pretty good video of the process at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg_wvp1YdSI.  Most of that is not
relevant to my needs since getting access to the battery is often
difficult on laptops but should be a piece of cake on my PC.  However,
part way through he does show in high definition the little spring you have to
depress to help free the CR2032 battery, and that detail appears to be
quite useful to know.

Alan

Alan W. Irwin