[Discuss] Questions concerning replacing the CMOS battery on my motherboard

Brian Burger blurdesign at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 02:28:26 PST 2015

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 10:00 PM, Alan W. Irwin <irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca>
wrote:

> I looked up my MB manual (for ASUS P5K-V) and the CMOS battery
> is the near-universal (according to the web) CR2032 3V.

You should be able to get these nearly anywhere that sells batteries. MEC
sells them - they're common in small LED lights, bike computers, that sort
of thing. London Drugs almost certainly has them too.

I actually just picked up a five-pack from MEC for bike accessories that
use them; I think they charge $1.25 per battery or thereabouts.

Brian