[Discuss] PS: Most virtuous virtual boxen?

Patrick Nixniq-sneaking at sneakEmail.com
Tue Feb 10 17:22:45 PST 2015

On Mon, 9 Feb 2015 13:35:32 -0800
brendan wrote:

> We run a huge number of xen instances at work. Performance is great, although we've ended up compiling our own kernels and not using the stock kernels for it.
>
> If you are interested, you could swing by my home office sometime and I could show you how things are set up and how it works.

There's really no substitute for first-hand observation.  Yeah,
thanks.  :-)

Since I work nights, what's a reasonable time in the morning for
you [after work, for me]?  Also, where?  Answer privately, if you
don't want to publish your address.

> We might be giving a presentation about the setup at LISA next year. I'd mentioned I could give a presentation about it sometime to the group, though I've been lazy about actually doing so. The upcoming Lisa thing might provide me with some motivation to actually do so.

Yeah, kind of a dress rehearsal.  I'll also try to ask the sorts
of questions you'd get from a curious public.

Cheers,
Patrick.
--
Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.