[Discuss] Laptop Battery

Patrick Nixniq-sneaking at sneakEmail.com
Tue Feb 10 17:33:55 PST 2015

On Mon, 09 Feb 2015 17:01:25 -0800
John Blomfield wrote:

> I need to buy a replacement for my ASUS S56C series laptop. There seems to be numerous Canadian online sites all with prices from $30 to $80 for the same battery. Probably not made by ASUS. Has anyone any recommendations for the best source?

Just a guess -- I think the wide variance in price may have
more to do with shipping routes, how many middlemen marked up
the price en route, etc [not that any seller you'd be dealing
with is necessarily ripping you off; maybe they got ripped off
themselves, and don't know they can get the same thing for
less from another supplier].  They all probably originate at
the same factory.

I've had fairly good luck going for the cheapest batteries I
could find on eBay -- but then, maybe it was only luck.  :-\

> John

Patrick.
--
Price does not include taxes.