[Discuss] XUbuntu 15.10 on netbook "hangs"

Murray Strome wmstrome at shaw.ca
Sat Nov 14 15:04:08 PST 2015

I am finding that, on my netbook, after a while it just "hangs" -- no response from mouse or keyboard; I have to do a hard power down to get it running again.

Although it sometimes happens while I am working on the computer, it always seems to happen when I leave the computer unattended for a while (it is set up to never go into screen saver mode or sleep)

I don't have this problem on any of my other computers.

Any easy way to find out what causes this and how to fix it?

Murray