[Discuss] Ubuntu "hangs" on laptop running Ubuntu 15.10 (and Windows 10)

Murray Strome wmstrome at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 7 05:38:40 PST 2016

I created and mounted a RAM Disk and moved the Chrome cache, generally
following the instructions given here:
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/11/move-google-chrome-cache-to-ramdisk

However, when I tried to execute the script, I got the message:
bash: ~/.chromecache bin/sh: bad interpreter: no such file or directory

I then just executed each line in the script manually and the
google-chrome cache is now in my RAM Disk, which is mounted as a
temporary file system.
so far, the system has not "hung" but will give it more time.

the script, as given in the above link is:
#!/bin/sh
#for the google chrome cache
/bin/rm ~/.cache/google-chrome
/bin/mkdir /media/ramdisk/google-chrome
/bin/ln -s /media/ramdisk/google-chrome ~/.cache/google-chrome

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with the script?