[Discuss] Streaming as a replacement for fixed channel TV

pw p.willis at telus.net
Thu Jun 8 18:24:16 PDT 2017

Hello,

Under the 'Media' menu in VLC there is an 'open network stream' option.

You can input a URL for a stream in there and press play.

http://reshet207788-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/207509/live/high.m3u8

You may want to use a proxy or 'Torify' your connection to foreign
streams. The network service providers sometimes firewall protocols
or connections that are sensed to be audio or video.