[Discuss] Netflix and/or other streaming services on Linux?

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu Nov 2 13:46:34 PDT 2017

On 2017-11-02 11:54-0700 Darren Duncan wrote:

[...]
> I do plenty of Netflix etc and I don't think I've actually gone
> beyond 100-200GB/mo in actual usage.

Hi Darren:

For my entertainment needs, I have been pretty content over the years
simply watching movies and TV shows via DVD and sometimes TV shows via
Shaw TV, a converter box, and an old computer TV card.  And I have
gotten all of this to work without issues on my Linux PC running
Debian. However, from articles I have read it is pretty clear the
Netflix streaming approach for supplying entertainment needs is now
the dominant one or soon will be.

If your remark above means you have gotten Netflix and other
streaming services to work on Linux, can you refer me to a howto or
some other documentation about how you set that up?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin