[Discuss] Netflix and/or other streaming services on Linux?

John Blomfield jabfield at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 2 16:18:07 PDT 2017

On 11/02/2017 03:41 PM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> Hi John:
>
> Thanks for that advice.  I guess if you want extreme resolution a TV
> appliance is the way to go for your streaming needs, but I am content
> with our computer monitor resolution (which we already use for DVD
> watching with vlc) so I plan to watch Netflix using a browser. And
> for that case I still have the question about whether a normal
> distribution-built (Debian built in my case) Mozilla would normally
> just work, but it sounds like you may not be in a position to answer
> that.
Hi Alan,

I sometimes watch Netflix on my Computer or Laptop using my browser but
I just use Google-Chrome browser.

I have just tried to use Firefox browser but it did not work. Something
about installing DRM. Needs investigating.

Don't normally use Firefox so its not a problem for me. Chrome is fine.
Sorry.

John