[Discuss] Netflix and/or other streaming services on Linux?

pw p.willis at telus.net
Thu Nov 2 18:14:53 PDT 2017

Hi Alan,

I know you have your reasons for sticking to Mozilla Firefox.

Just an F.Y.I. for Netflix I am using the Google Chrome devel browser on
Kubuntu 16.04.

The devel version comes as a 32 or 64 bit DEB from:

https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html?platform=linux&extra=devchannel

Netflix works just fine with no need for Silverlight in that browser.

If you are worried about the 'Google-ness' of Chrome, the browser allows
users to turn off user data reporting, although I can't say any can be
seen if you watch the connection. Google appears to refrain from being
evil with Chrome. ie: no other ports of streams other than requested web
pages.

Peter