[Discuss] Real internet provider in Victoria?

Craig Miller cvmiller at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 17:50:37 PDT 2017

> I'd give TekSavy a shout. If it were just me I'd switch (my wife has an
> @shaw.ca email address which she won't give up -- I'm still working on
> her). I've heard good things about them. They don't block any ports and
> they support IPv6.
Cy,

I have TekSavvy, and I do like them. But in Victoria, native IPv6
support is only via DSL, not cable. I have had both (first house was
DSL, and my current one is cable). I asked them about IPv6 over cable,
and they say it is a last mile problem (read: shaw).

Of course, you can always run a free Hurricane Electric tunnel to get
IPv6, which is what I do these days.

Craig...