[Discuss] Real internet provider in Victoria?

Burkhard Ott-Langer news2017 at derith.de
Sat Nov 4 10:19:17 PDT 2017

On Sat, 04 Nov 2017 13:05:37 -0400
Daniel AJ Sokolov <listclient at sokolov.eu.org> wrote:

> The trick is to use your own domain.
>
> But you are raising a good point. Please raise it with the CRTC.
>
> BR
> Daniel AJ

What do you the the teethless tiger crtc can do? They get the fundings
from exactly these ISP's.
As I see you have some experience with the European ISP markets, now
compare their competition with the competition here.

But, you as the customer have the choice. I was with teksavvy for many
years, they started filtering I switched to lighspeed.ca.

Once they would start to filter I look for the next.
I pay an ISP for transporting my packages, not for checking if they
want to silently drop it because of source or destination.
What would you do if you want to send a package with Canada Post to
the U.S. and it never arrives, because they stopped silently
delivering to the U.S.?

cheers