[Discuss] Real internet provider in Victoria?

pw p.willis at telus.net
Sat Nov 4 14:14:52 PDT 2017

There should just be IP6 address provider companies.

The network is mal-designed in that it requires intermediaries
to hold a block of addresses from the pool rather than just
having a flat address space where any specific address can exist
at any physical location.

The IP system is more political than functional.

What the world needs is either ubiquitous IP6 satellite WIFI,
or publicly owned ubiquitous fibre and 'last mile' infrastructure.

Either that or cap the maximum size of communications companies
and break up Telus/Shaw/Rogers/etc .

Small markets like Canada will never get competition with so few
infrastructure providers because consumers are captive to their region.