[Discuss] VLUG Meeting Place

Craig Miller cvmiller at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 16:30:36 PDT 2017

On 11/04/2017 04:21 PM, Burkhard Ott-Langer wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Nov 2017 15:52:41 -0700
> Craig Miller <cvmiller-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Burkhard,
>>
>> Please come to the meetings and find out ;-) Mostly, it is just
>> conversation about technology and Linux.
>>
>> Craig...
> Hehe, yeah that's why I'm asking. I would have to come from Sooke and
> therefore want to know if it's worth the stress ;).
>
> Do you guys have projects or anything?
> How do you spread the word about Linux, involve newbies etc?
>
> I'm used to things like [1],[2] etc.
>

> [1] https://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2018/en
> [2] https://www.ccc.de/en/

Burkhard,

Yeah, we are not that organized to have a fancy agenda, or put on a
Linux conference. There are projects that people share, and ask for
help, answer questions, etc.

As far as involving new people, we just added a bunch of Raspberry Pi
(vicpimakers.ca) people who also have an interest in Linux, which is why
we are opening a discussion about other places to meet, as we can't grow
much bigger at the Rustik Cafe.

Sooke is not _that_ far way, I ride my bike out there on nice weather days.

Craig...