[Discuss] VLUG topics for the next meeting

Burkhard Ott-Langer news2017 at derith.de
Mon Nov 6 07:58:03 PST 2017

On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 20:41:59 -0800
Craig Miller <cvmiller-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Burkhard,
>
> Some interesting ideas. Unfortunately, I don't think the current
> meeting space (Rustik Cafe) will work for them, unless your Pi is
> battery powered. It is just a cafe, no power, no public IP address
> (which is required for the HE tunnel).
>
> I have started another thread about alternative meeting places.
> Please send any suggestions you have to that thread.
>
> Craig...

Where there is a will there is a way :).
My laptop will be the ISP, upstream wifi will simulate the backbone.
The Raspi's ethernet will be connected to the laptop, done.

It's been just an idea, in the first meeting I would just bring the
raspi up to running  and provides us a new wifi, so everyone can do it
at home or just watching.
At another meeting we can build the he tunnel, in the next we make the
network via wifi dual stack and terminate the tunnel on the raspi, play
with dhcpv6 and send a /56 or so to all wifi client who are connected
to the raspi.

Many, many options. I just try to avoid to drive downtown and sitting
there to provide 1st level support :D.

Show a man how to fish..., is my approach, after a while people become
innovative themselves and what I read on the mailing list so far, that
is lacking a little.

So, why not coming up with a little project, the raspi was purely
chosen since you mentioned to merge with raspi user, so there should
be something for everyone in the box.

But I'm open to everything, as long as it is not copy & paste from
tutorials. Let's create our very own tutorial.

P.S. Let's create our own usenet server and peer with the world

cheers