[Discuss] Presentation at the next Linux SIG

Craig Miller cvmiller at gmail.com
Fri May 25 14:07:36 PDT 2018

Hi All,

After talking to Cy, the Linux ip command can't be ported to BSD operating
systems (like MacOS X, or FreeBSD). There are too many non-posix kernel
calls.

However, the linux ip command is the preferred way to show and set network
configuration. In fact, with IPv6, it is the *only* way to view the
neighbour table (think: arp table for IPv6).
I have written an 'ip' command emulator for BSD, and will share what I have
learned at the meeting. And give a demo.

Looking forward t seeing you there.

Craig...

--
IPv6 is the future!